Founded in 1842 by Charles Barron, P.H. Barron Welding is the oldest welding fabrication business in The United States. Serving the Mid-Atlantic and beyond for over 177 years, Barron Welding has established well known and trusted service and quality.
Barron came to Easton in 1832 from Springfield, Bucks County to begin working as a blacksmith with Samuel Barron. By 1895, at the time of Charles' death, his sons, Philip and George were running the shop. Records of the Northampton County Historical Society list several members of the Barron family working in Easton between 1855 and 1914, in several occupations - horseshoer, wheelwright, blacksmith, wagon builder and tobacconist.
The firm remained in the Barron family until it was sold in 1969 to John Meyer and passed on to his son, Gregg Meyer. It’s now located on Tatamy Road in Easton, PA.